Annual return is a summary of a company profile consist of general information about a company. It signed by a director or by the manager or secretary of the company and shall be lodged with the Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia (SSM) within one month from the date its AGM (Annual General Meeting ) held.
Annual return consists of the company information as shown as following:
- Business office address
- Branch office address
- Registered office address
- Principal business activities
- Total authorized capital
- Total paid-up capital
- Charges registered with SSM (i.e. company assets pledged)
- Company directors
- Company secretary
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
According to the CA, all the Malaysia companies are requires to hold its first AGM within 18 months of its incorporation. The subsequent AGM must be held once in every calendar year and not more than 15 months after the holding of the last preceding AGM.
AGM should be held to present important agenda as following :
- Present the Financial Statements
- Dividend declared by the directors agreed upon
- Appointment of new directors
- Appointment of auditor
1) If fail to lodge in the annual return into SSM, the company will be cancelled / disbanded / strike off under the power of the Registrar. However, you still can lodge the annual return after the due date by paying penalty.
2) Dormant company are required to lodge Annual Returns to the SSM.
3) Even through you have applied for strike off the company / in the process of de-registration, you still required to lodge the annual return because the status of the company still exists.
If you have further queries, please contact Tannet
24 hours Malaysia hotline：603-21418908;
24 hours Hong Kong hotline：852-27837818;
24 hours China hotline：86-755- 36990589;