Cambodia trademark registration is under Cambodia Trademark Law, one application can cover only one trademark in one class of goods or service. Cambodia is a member of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) since July 1995 and of the Paris Convention for Protection of Industrial Property since September 1998.
Documents Required For Cambodia Trademark Filing
To file a Cambodia trademark application, the following information and documents are required:
1) Full name and address of the applicant;
2) Trademark specimens (20 specimens) with the size not larger than 80mm x 80 mm and not smaller 50mm x 50mm; (JPEG Format)
3) Translation and transliteration of the mark if the mark is not in English;
4) A list of goods/services and the International Classification (Nice Agreement) of respective goods/services (if known). Class heading is not accepted by the Cambodian IPD. The applied goods/services should be specified;
5) A notarized Trademark Power of Attorney from the applicant which is described in Section 7 hereunder. The Trademark Power of Attorney should be notarized by a Notary Public in any country, while legalization is not required. One Power of Attorney can be used for plurality if no particular mark is identified in the Power of Attorney.
Cambodia Trademark Registration Procedures
Cambodia adopts the International Classification of Goods and Services under the Nice Agreement (8th Edition. Trademark, services mark and collective mark are registrable in Cambodia, however each Cambodia trademark application can be applied for one mark in one class of goods/services only. Priority right can be claimed in accordance with the Paris Convention.
Formality and substantive examination shall be conducted for all trademark applications filed in Cambodia. The substantive examination is conducted to identify any prior registered mark which are identical with or similar to the claimed mark. Certificate of Trademark Registration is usually granted within 2 years from the filing date.
Cambodia Trademark Registration Term of Protection
A Cambodia trademark registration is valid for 10 years and starts with registration date. The registration is renewable for periods of 10 years.
If you have further queries, please contact Tannet
24 hours Malaysia hotline：603-21418908;
24 hours Hong Kong hotline：852-27837818;
24 hours Hong Kong hotline：86-755- 36990589;
TANNET GROUP: http://www.tannet-group.net, http://en.tannet.com.my