The legal basis of UK trademark law is the Trademark Law 1994. The United Kingdom is a member of the Paris Convention and the Madrid Protocol.
Conditions for the Registration of UK Trademarks
Application for registration as a trademark symbol must be significant, that is able to distinguish their products or services with others to provide the product or service area.
Words, designs, letters, numbers, product shapes or their packaging may be registered in the UK as trademarks, but certain marks may not be registered (Trademark Law 1994, Articles 3 – 8), including:
- offensive signs, such as pornographic images;
- A purely descriptive mark that merely describes the characteristics of the relevant product or service;
- misleading signs;
- too common signs, not significant, etc.;
- is a generic name in the business sector;
- Signs with special protection such as the national flag.
Requirement for UK Trademark Registration
- Trademark search/registration form (provided by Tannet).
- A sample of trademarks in JPEG format.
- The goods or services used in the designation of the trademark (according to the Nice International Classification Table)
- A copy of the applicant's identification document (a copy of the business license is provided at the time of application, and a copy of the personal ID card and a business license of the individual business owner with the individual as the person in charge) .
Contact us :
If you have further queries, please contact Tannet
TANNET GROUP : http:www.tannet.com.my