A Denmark trademark registration can protects your brand against trademark infringement and copycats. It is under protection by law. The Demark is a member of the Madrid Agreement and the Madrid Protocol. Trademark protection is obtained by registration. It can also be acquired by sufficient public recognition.
Types of trademarks in Denmark
A Denmark trademark is allowed protection if the mark consists of
- one word or several words, a name, or a slogan
- a device mark,
- a logo,
- a three dimensional mark,
- or even a smell, sound or icon.
Denmark trademark application
You are need to complete filing requirements before proceed to Denmark trademark application:
- Information about the trademark.
- Device marks: Preferably an electronic representation of the trademark in JPG format. This also applies if the mark is in colour.
- Full information about the applicant, i.e. name, address, and cooperate form.
- Specification of goods or services to which the mark relates.
- Priority documents need only be provided on request.
- Payment of the filing fee.
Procedure of Denmark Trademark Registration
Denmark Trademark procedure is formed of the following main steps:
1. Checking the availability of the trademark in Denmark or Danish Patent Search. This report will inform upon the probability of the trademark registration to be successful. The Examination looks for characteristics of the trademark application but also for similarity to other registered Danish trademarks or European community trademarks. Also the examination looks into the confusion which might be created by the trademark with other Intellectual property, including but not limited to copyright or geographical origin denominations.
2. Filing the actual application for the Registration of the Trademark in Denmark (or the respective patent). The file will of course be processed beforehand by specialized Danish Intellectual Property Lawyers.
3. Obtaining the confirmation of the successful registration of the trademark or patent in Denmark and subsequently obtaining of the Danish Trademark Registration Certificate.
Duration of Denmark Trademark
A Denmark trademark registration is valid for 10 years and starts with registration date. The registration is renewable for periods of 10 years.
If you have further queries, please contact Tannet
24 hours Malaysia hotline：603-21418908;
24 hours Hong Kong hotline：852-27837818;
24 hours Hong Kong hotline：86-755- 36990589;
TANNET GROUP: http://www.tannet-group.net, http://en.tannet.com.my