Ireland trademark registration is the first step for business owners in Ireland. Business owners must take design a sign that will serve as a trademark for their company. In Ireland the legal basis is the Trademark Act of 1996 (in force since July 1st, 1996) and the Trade Marks (Amendment) Rules 2010. Trademark protection is obtained by registration. It can also be acquired by sufficient public recognition. As in the United Kingdom, the principles of “common law” apply.
Ireland Trademark Registration Document Requirements
– Power of attorney simply signed.
– Design of the trademark in JPEG format
– Specification of Goods/Services and Trademark Class
– Details of the trademark owner (name, address, registration number).
Ireland trademark registration Procedure
The Ireland trademark registration procedure is formed of the following main steps:
1. Checking the availability of the trademark in Ireland or Irish Patent Search. This report will inform upon the probability of the trademark registration to be successful. The Ireland Trademark Examination looks for characteristics of the Ireland trademark application but also for similarity to other registered Irish trademarks or European community trademarks. Also the Ireland Trademark Examination looks into the confusion which might be created by the trademark with other Intellectual property, including but not limited to copyright or geographical origin denominations.
2. Filing the actual application for the Registration of the Trademark in Ireland (or the respective patent). The file will of course be processed beforehand by specialized Irish Intellectual Property Lawyers.
3. Obtaining the confirmation of the successful registration of the trademark or patent in Ireland and subsequently obtaining of the Irish Trademark Registration Certificate.
Ireland Trademark Registration Term of Protection
An Ireland trademark registration is valid for 10 years and starts with registration date. The registration is renewable for periods of 10 years.
If you have further queries, please contact Tannet
24 hours Malaysia hotline：603-21418908;
24 hours Hong Kong hotline：852-27837818;
24 hours Hong Kong hotline：86-755- 36990589;
TANNET GROUP: http://www.tannet-group.net, http://en.tannet.com.my